No one person has the resources to find solutions to all the challenges faced by a diverse community. A significant impact can be made only when the financial and human resources of several individuals are combined.
The Community Foundation offers residents of all means – no matter how great or small their personal resources – an opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you desire to enrich the community with arts and cultural programs, enhance education, or simply support the work of an existing organization, we can help you by giving you flexible giving options.
Is Giving Through the Community Foundation Right for You?
- Do you care deeply about your local community?
- Do you give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are you interested in creating a personal or family legacy in your community?
- Are you considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would you like to stay personally involved in the use of your gift dollars?
- Do you want to receive maximum tax benefits for your charitable contributions under Michigan and Federal law?
- Do you place a priority on sound financial management of your contributions?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you would benefit from knowing more about the Community Foundation. Contact us and we can help you decide how best to make a gift to your community!
100 Years of Giving and Growing Together
One hundred years ago, in 1914, the community foundation concept was born in the Midwest, giving rise to a new philanthropy, a new way of participating in community, and a new vision for the future.
Today, Michigan Gateway Community Foundation is one of more than 700 community foundations in the United States, collectively managing more than $48 billion in assets and making grants of approximately $4.5 billion a year to improve life in their communities. There are more than 1,700 community foundations worldwide.
Like all community foundations, Michigan Gateway Community Foundation invites everyday people with a vision and a passion for community to create something together: For good. Forever.
- We translate collective giving into big local impact
- We give everyone access to the power of endowment
- We are devoted to the people and places you love
Join us in celebrating the 100th anniversary of the community foundation spirit! Contact us for information on your hometown community foundation.