In general, grants are made to projects that will benefit South Berrien and Cass Counties, Michigan.
In making grants, the Community Foundation attempts to understand both the specific objectives of each grant request and the long-term benefits that the community will receive from the initiative. All eligible grant applications are carefully considered by review committees whose membership includes a broad representation of the community.
Successful applications will be for projects which:
- promote development or strengthening of community assets,
- will have a positive long-term impact on program participants and/or the community,
- lead to prevention of recurring need,
- promote cooperation among area organizations with related or supportive missions, and
- will be financially sustainable without continuing grant funding.